Rancho Las Voces: Galería / Adam Holtzman
(6) El retorno de Francis Ford Coppola

miércoles, enero 24, 2007

Galería / Adam Holtzman

.


Absence #15

Giclée Print
9x7" Image
18x14" Mat
1/10
$400

Artist Statement
After the unexpected death of my grandfather, I gathered with my family to grieve and to try and put things in order. We began to sort his belongings, going through each room cleaning and packing. After several trips the house became empty of these things that were his. As this process became complete I was struck by the differing voids left as a result. Here was a place, now absent of its occupant, the belongings and life. I traveled back to the house several times to try and express visually this absence I felt, haunted by the transformation that took so little time to complete.


Process Statement
I made these images with two differing cameras and techniques. The first was an 8x10 fitted with a old 5x7 lens from which I produced Polaroids. The incongruity of the polaroid as well as the slight distortion of the lens rendered images of the emotional blur of the project. I also used a traditional medium format camera to explore subtle details. The final photographs are produced as archival digital prints on mat paper.


REGRESAR A LA REVISTA