Rancho Las Voces: Galería / Lung S Liu
(6) El retorno de Francis Ford Coppola

miércoles, enero 02, 2008

Galería / Lung S Liu

.


Majico


Mexico was a whim. I bought a ticket days before the flight and made my decision over a microwaved TV dinner and a Mexico tourism commercial. Two of my three weeks were spent photographing - almost strictly confined to the areas outside Mexico City. Again, these portraits are about access and intimacy - they are about respect. These people are strangers I met off the streets and had conversations with, at least as much of a conversation as one can hope to have with a 20 word vocabulary and pantomiming. These photographs were taken as quickly as I can and with no direction from myself in order to capture as real an image as possible. Many of these scenes candidly unfolded in front of me while others I asked for permission when I could. In the end this trip was about meeting these people - wonder full as an exercise in magic surrealism. The photographs are incidental.

REGRESAR A LA REVISTA