Rancho Las Voces: Poesía / «Moods» by Mario Benedetti, translated by RMV
La inteligencia de Irene visita México / La Quincena

sábado, mayo 23, 2009

Poesía / «Moods» by Mario Benedetti, translated by RMV


Moods


Sometimes I feel
like a humble hill
others like a mountain
with several peaks.

Sometimes I feel
like a cliff
and sometimes like a sky
blue but distant

Sometimes you are
a spring between rocks
sometimes a tree
with the last leafs.

But today I feel just
like a sleeples lagoon
with a wharf
without crafts any more
a green lagoon
still and patient
satisfied with its algae
its moss and its fish,
calm in my confidence
being confident that some afternoon
you will get near and look at me,
and you will look at yourself
by looking at me.

Translation: Rubén Moreno Valenzuela

REGRESAR A LA REVISTA