Rancho Las Voces: Galería / Mitch Dobrowner
(6) El retorno de Francis Ford Coppola

jueves, junio 07, 2007

Galería / Mitch Dobrowner

.


Windswept Tree - South Coast, CA

While growing up on Long Island, NY – lost in my late teens, worried about my future direction in life, my parents gave me an old Argus rangefinder to fool with. Little did they realize what an important gesture that would turn out to be for me.

After doing some research and seeing the images of Minor White and Ansel Adams I became addicted to photography. I built a darkroom in my basement, got a job as an assistant photographer to Pete Turner and Hashi in NY City, and taught myself sensitometry. At 22, driven by the images I had seen of the American Southwest, I took off for California to see it for myself.

To make a long story short, in California I met my beautiful wife, together we had 3 children, became involved in our own design studio – and raising a family took a priority to Photography. During that time I stopped taking pictures.

In early 2005 (20+ years later) inspired again by my wife, my children and my friends I again picked up my cameras and started shooting. My thanks and appreciation goes to them for helping me to regain my vision and focus again.

Artist's Statement

The planet has existed well before, and will hopefully be here well beyond the time we are here. When photographing, I get in a ‘zone’ where time and space seem hard to measure to me.

At the time I take a «quality image» things are quiet, seem simple again – and I obtain a respect and reverence for the world that is hard to communicate through words. For me those moments are a combination of the exterior environment and my interior combining. Hopefully the images presented help communicate what I visualize during those times.

I owe much to the great photographers of the past (especially Ansel Adams) for their dedication to the craft, and for inspiring me in my late teens. Though I have never met them their inspiration helped me determine the course my life would take

REGRESAR A LA REVISTA