Rancho Las Voces: Galería/ Elissa Kline
(6) El retorno de Francis Ford Coppola

sábado, julio 15, 2006

Galería/ Elissa Kline


Spring Series I, ed. 1/15, 2002
light jet print
20 x 30 inches
My work is about finding the beauty in what we all pass by. I am drawn to patterns and textures, shadows and light. Much of which I shoot is close up, but not exclusively. Much of what I shoot is of the natural world, but not exclusively. I do not set anything up, I delight in what I find.I have lived on an isolated ranch for over 13 years. Having previously lived in urban areas, I was awestruck by the magnificent beauty of the natural world. I set up a crude darkroom, taught myself to print and at first, I tried to capture the grandeur of the landscape. I also experimented with photograms which focused on a smaller and simpler scale. As I became more quiet within myself, and more intimate with the land, I started getting closer to my subjects, and seeing more in the details. I find great joy in capturing the intimacies of my world.
Elissa Kline